Our program for learning is based on a developmentally appropriate environment that allows children to be confident and successful learners. We facilitate learning through
- Developmentally Appropriate Practice
- Child Initiated Learning Centers
- Whole and Small Group Activities
- Emergent Curriculum
Our curriculum offers a variety of learning opportunities where children can make self-directed and guided choices. We use a whole child approach to learning which includes:
- Social/Emotional Development: friendship building, self-help skills, managing and expressing feelings, following rules and routines, explore sense of self, family, and friends.
- Physical Development: creative movement, running, jumping, balancing, coloring, cutting, writing, playdough, manipulatives, puzzles, Legos.
- Language Development: songs, stories, music, fingerplays, nursery rhymes, books, magazines, classroom labels, charts, writing center, introduction to writing upper and lower case letters, following routines, retelling of stories/events, playing games
- Cognitive Development: counting, one to one correspondence, number recognition, shapes, colors, measuring, patterning, sequencing, graphing, sensory table, gardening, recycling
- Creative Development: music, creative movement, dramatic play, instruments, open ended art activities.