Green Sprouts has received the Oregon Environmental Council Endorsement as an Eco-Healthy Childcare!
A safe and healthy environment is essential to quality childcare. A safe indoor and outdoor physical environment prevents injuries while allowing for active exploration. An environment that reduces exposure to toxins and chemicals promotes the overall health and well-being of children.
Here are a few things you will see at Green Sprouts.
- You’ll notice the natural wooden furnishings and toys.
- You’ll notice that we are conscientious with regards to the environment – both our indoor and outdoor environment.
- You will see a garden and natural play area.
- We recycle, and the children naturally participate in recycling as well, thereby helping instill an attitude of respect and caring for the planet at an early age.
- We also encourage and promote healthy food and snack choices. The children find it fun to eat beans and produce from our own garden. We serve organic milk. When possible, we source our ingredients from local growers.
- When working with arts and crafts, we supply only non-toxic materials.
- When outdoors, the children enjoy our “green space” that includes our garden.
- There is no smoking anywhere on our campus. Nor are there any aerosols or artificial fragrances used anywhere on the property.
You can feel good about the environment your child is enjoying here at Green Sprouts.